Get Climate Ready! Join us for this engaging, interactive professional development workshop for teachers in grades 4 - 12.
- Learn ways to help your school and community reduce climate impacts and adapt to a hotter and wetter Philadelphia.
- Participants can apply for a mini-grant to support a climate change project of their own design.
- Conduct hands-on activities, explore lesson plans, learn how to calculate your school's carbon footprint, and learn ideas for student-driven climate adaptation and mitigation projects in the community.
- Leave with free tools and resources you can use in your classroom.
- Participants will learn about National Wildlife Federation’s Eco-Schools USA program in a session tailored to the CUSP(Climate and Urban Systems Partnership) model and the School District of Philadelphia’s GreenFutures plan.
- Network with your peers and get inspired by scientists from the Franklin Institute.
The Franklin Institute, 271 North 21st Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
** Please register on PD Planner if you are a teacher in the School District of Philadelphia.**
For more information, please contact:
- Megan Garner email@example.com
- Mary Ann Boyer firstname.lastname@example.org